Pythons’ Pit provides an avenue for creative, entrepreneurial high school students of Halton Region to pitch their business concepts and product ideas in front of a live audience and a panel of real business moguls from the community. My role as the Student Relations Executive is to connect students with the program. I am often presenting in schools within the HDSB/HCDSB to promote the program and benefits to students. The goal of Pythons’ Pit is to foster innovation, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit in Halton Region by:
- Providing an opportunity for high school students to further develop their business planning skills
- Raising funds to support Rotary’s Camp Enterprise
Rules & Regulations
Applications – High School Category
- Students attending any high school or equivalent in Halton Region at the time the application is submitted are eligible.
- Entries can be made by individuals or teams, with a maximum of 3 team members.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the winning team(s).
- Awards of in kind services will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Pythons.
- Prizes awarded will be split equally among all members of the winning team(s).
- Free to apply.
- Multiple entries are allowed i.e., a person or team may submit an entry in both the High School and Open categories, but each entry must be unique.
- The Top 10 entries will be asked to appear in front of a panel during March 2016. The Top 10 will be screened down to the Top 5.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applications containing any misrepresentations will be disqualified.